Pizza. One word that describes so much. All kinds of flavors and textures can be conveyed on a Pizza. Italian, Thai, Greek, East Indian, Mexican, and on and on and on~!!!!
When it comes to food, I’m far from a traditionalist. I gravitate toward the different flavors, and textures thanks to the multicultural foods I enjoyed while growing up. If I’m offered the standard American Fare alongside say, some Thai food; I’ll always choose the Thai Food!
So when I tried the Cheeseburger Pizza from Papa Murphy’s, I was SHOCKED! I fell in love instantly! It was by far and away, the best Cheeseburger Pizza I’d ever tried!!! Which is also saying quite a bit, considering I’m not a big fan of ground beef!!! But this pizza is perfection!!! It tastes like you are eating a cheeseburger – but on a pizza~!!!!
The first thing you’ll notice when eating this pizza, is the different textures and then it hits you. The SAUCE.
Its tangy, and delicious. Instantly I knew it wasn’t the standard tomato sauce that covers most pizzas. So when I found out that the sauce only has TWO ingredients, I was surprised! And when I found out WHAT those two ingredients were, I was SHOCKED! It couldn’t be. Never would I have ever thought, that those two ingredients would’ve made a great pizza sauce. But alas, its amazing!
Let’s Get Cooking!!!
1. First thing I do is preheat my oven to 400 degrees, and begin cooking the ground beef. While your cooking your ground beef, you can assemble/gather the other toppings for your pizza.
2. Next up, make the sauce~! And yes folks, what you see is what you get! The sauce consists of KETCHUP and MUSTARD~!!! Sounds odd, right? Trust me, you will love this pizza – and the sauce MAKES it~!!!
3. Now assemble the toppings onto your pita bread (or other crust). You can use anything you have on hand as a crust! French Bread, flatbread, focaccia, Boboli or even make your own crust!
4. If you are making them as we did (on whole wheat pitas), we bake them at 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes. Or until the pizza reaches the level of doneness that you like. And its done~!!!!
Here’s The Recipe:
- 5 whole wheat pitas
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- 5-6 cups grated cheddar
- 1 lb cooked and crumbled ground beef
- ½ cup, cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced dill pickles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Begin cooking ground beef and crumble, once fully cooked.
- Make the sauce by mixing the ketchup and mustard in a bowl. Set aside.
- Spray baking sheets with Pam. Then lay out your pitas and begin assembling the pizzas.
- Start by covering the pitas with the ketchup and mustard sauce. About 2-3 tbsp per pita, depending on the size of the pita. Next add cheese, bacon, ground beef, onion, tomatoes, more cheese, then top with sliced dill pickles.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes till pizzas reach the desired level of doneness.
- Serve and Enjoy~!!!
Now how easy is this??? And so delicious!!! Don’t be afraid to play with the toppings to suit your own individual tastes and needs~!!! Its all about using recipes as “guidelines”!!!
Whenever we’re eating out or trying new foods, I love to try to figure out what’s in it. And then try to re-create the recipe at home~!!! So nice when you can make the meals you might get at a restaurant, at home; that way you can have more control over the ingredients, fat content, calories etc. And how fun is it when you get creative in the kitchen, and you create a new favorite recipe for your family??? I <3 that~!!!
Have any of you tried the Cheeseburger Pizza from Papa Murphy’s??? Do you have your own Cheeseburger Pizza recipe?? Please drop me a line if you have some fun ideas for this pizza or others~!!! I love hearing from you and I also love trying new recipes!
Till next time Chicas and Chicos…Its all about experimenting in the kitchen, keeping it flavorful and always keeping it HOMEMADE~!!! xoxo